ROFLcopter. LOLz. hehe.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Regardless of the Situation, there is Always a Choice Involved as to how to Handle it

It is not the experiences that define who we are, it is how we percieve them. we can either use each situation as a learning experience or we can fall onto the path of negativity.

Every situation we are in, good or bad, there are always multiple ways to handle it. The way we handle it helps define what path we take in this life.

This also leads me to another statement "ultimately, everything I do is my own decision and nobody else's" : People may try to influence your decisions, but in the end it is up to you to make them. Parents, friends, teachers, etc. may try and gicve you guidance, but it is your life and you have to make the decisions. No one can make them for you because you are your own person. No one can control your thoughts and your life except for you.

I have always felt that I have responsibility for my own actions and the decisions I make are my own and no one else's. And sometimes I screw up, but the mistakes I make, make me a stronger person. I grow thorugh my accomplishment and my failures. I take advice from my friends, family, and others, but I know that ultimately it is all up to me!

5 comments:

  1. I completely agree!! There are different ways of reacting to every situtation you are put in. Even in situations which seem to only have one outcome you have the power to take away the positives or the negatives. Learning to look for the positive in every situation is something that is easy for people in your life to expect from you, but ultimately you have to be the person to understand that everything happens for a reason, even if its just a learning experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always believed that everything in your life happens for a reason. People come in and out of your life for a reason as well. no matter the circumstances I have always tried to find some way of finding the good out of every situation and making the best of the cards I'm dealt. Good or bad, we have to learn from everything that happens in our lives and take from it what we can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree! :) Every situation can come out differently depending on who the person is and what the different circumstances are. Like the way people are raised or the type of community they were brought up in are all relying factors on the way they think and decide, but regardless their is always a choice involoved on how to handle different things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like what you are saying about how different people raised in different communities and around different people can factor into the decisions a person makes.

    If you grow up in a poorer community you can learn bad habits, but in my mind you can do that in a richer community as well. The habits you learn are just different. One may learn that you have to fight your way out of any situation and the other may learn that when you have money you are unstoppable and can do whatever you want to anyone.

    How you take what others teach you is what it comes down to, which is why how you handle situations and how you interpret them and what you are being told is all up to you, no one else can control that. That is why I also agree that ultimately any decision you make is your's and your's alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with you guys. How someone is raised has a huge impact on how they handle situations. Like if you're raised in a very strict household and you get lost and are late for something important, you might get really upset about it, but if you were raised in a different house you might think that it was just a fun adventure. Every situation, even ones that are much more complex have multiple choices like this one. Some people might take it as a lesson and get better directions next time, but other people might just take it in as an unexpected trip that was actually a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete